Learn about the CPA Exam and process to become a licensed CPA
- Get to know the Exam partners and the Board of Examiners (BOE).
- Review NASBA’s Candidate Bulletin for details about the process to become a CPA.
- Review the Simandhar’s CPA Exam Booklet for general information.
- Watch our informative video for general details about your Exam strategy.
- Check out This Way to CPA for helpful information and support.
- Connect with other CPA candidates by joining the Simandhar’s Exam Candidate LinkedIn group.
- Consider joining the Simandhar as an Exam Candidate Affiliate Member.
Determine your eligibility
- Visit the Simandhar\'s Website for eligibility guidance.
- Select a jurisdiction where you want to become licensed as a CPA and review its specific requirements.
- If you’re an international candidate, consider using NASBA’s International Evaluation Services to determine if your are eligible to take the Exam.
- Choose a jurisdiction that participates in international administration.
- Some non-U.S. residents may be eligible to take the International Qualification Examination (IQEX)
Submit your application
- Complete your application and submit the required documentation
- Your application will be verified for eligibility.
- You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS), which is valid for six months.
Schedule your Exam
- Decide when you will take the Exam
- Use your NTS information to schedule an Exam date with Pro metric.
- You can take your Exam at any Pro metric test center where the Exam is offered
- International candidates may not be eligible to test at all Pro metric locations outside of U.S. jurisdictions
- International locations require an additional fee.
Prepare for your Exam
- Study the Exam Blueprints and use all available Exam resources and study tools to prepare.
- Learn the Exam’s format and functionality by practicing with the sample tests and accessing the tutorial topics found by selecting the “Help” button in each sample test.
- Review the test let structure of each Exam section.
- Use your NTS to get six months of free access to NASBA’s Professional Literature package.
Take your Exam
- Pass all four Exam sections within 18 months (score a minimum of 75 on each section)
- In most cases, the 18-month complete “clock” begins based on your attendance date when you pass the first Exam section, but check with your specific Board of Accountancy.
- While you can take more than one Exam section per test window, you cannot take retake the same section in the same test window
- Pass Ethics exam (only if required by your Board of Accountancy)
Apply for your license
- Generally you must have 150 credit hours of education with a concentration in accounting. This includes:
- 30 semester hours in accounting subjects, and 24 semester hours in business administration subjects
- A minimum of 15 semester hours in accounting must be at upper division or graduate level
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience (approximately 2,000 hours) verified by a licensed CPA.
- Experience should include accounting, attest, auditing or tax
To know more about the next career options, you may visit our centers for CPA USA, CMA USA, CFA etc in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, gurgaon , Hyderabad or visit www.simandhareducation.com and we are also the Channel partner of AICPA( American institute of Certified public accountant -Largest accounting body in the world)